UA-114812973-16 Well Rounded: The Story of #BSadventures

The Story of #BSadventures

With my one year wedding anniversary with Blake being only ten days away, I've been thinking about us a lot lately. I've been thinking of the miracle it was that we met and survived the distance we were dealt when we met. In all this thinking I realized I've never written down our full story. I've journaled as we've gone along, but not the whole deal. So here it is, the story of how #BSadventures began.

May of 2015 I was living in Lacey and just enjoying time with these two Brazilian exchange students who had made my life so much more exciting when they entered the year prior. Being 25 and single I got offers for setups all the time. I use to have a no blind date policy but living in Lacey where there is basically no dating scene I dropped that policy in hopes to start meeting more people my age. I went on a few first dates, all fun, but nothing really stuck. But I was okay with that. I had gotten to the point mentally that I was okay with being single and I knew when the time was right it would stick. So I just kept having fun!

Somehow I got messaging on Facebook with a local girl, Erica, that I kind of knew. I don't know if either of us can really remember why it started. We didn't know each other too well but we had some similar connections. She started at my high school my senior year, and we went to the same church etc. so our paths had crossed. But again, nothing really big. She found out I was single and wanted to set me up with her husband's best friend in Provo. I was kind of use to the drill at this point so I said sure, but I wouldn't be in Utah until August so if he is still around then maybe, and that was that. Well then a couple weeks later she messages me again and says, he really wants to meet you how do you feel about me giving him your number. Again, I said sure but didn't think much of it.

First contact: On May 29th I got a text message that said, "Hi this is Blake. Do you like fireworks?" We texted all night and the next day and let me tell you, it was fantastic. I was laughing at almost every text he sent, and I found myself checking my phone constantly to see if he had texted me back. But then remember, he was now in Las Vegas, and I was in Washington so I was just having fun with it.

So we texted pretty much every day for a few weeks when finally his 11-year-old brother says to him, "Are you ever going to call her?". So thanks to Riley we set up a phone call. I'll be honest, the first call wasn't super memorable, but it was okay enough that we kept chatting. Slowly the calls got better and I'm pretty sure we didn't go a day without texting and/or one call a day. We had been talking about actually meeting each other but it just wasn't working for either of our schedules. It got a little frustrating not being able to meet and there were days I wondered if it as really worth holding on, but for some reason I did. 

Fast forward to August 15th. I was in Utah for a friend's wedding and my sister's wedding reception so Blake drove up from Las Vegas to spend two days with me. 

First date: He picked me up Saturday morning from my friend's place. He was at least an hour late and I have to tell you, I've never been so nervous in my whole life, and I don't get nervous for dates. So nervous I almost threw up. Our first initial meeting was a little awkward but we fell into the swing of things immediately. Blake rented a canoe for us to go float the Provo River.  It was a blast and on the drive back to drop off the canoe he held my hand (a story I won't share because it is very embarrassing for Blake :)). 

Being with him felt so natural as if we had been together all summer and he hadn't just met a few hours previously. We spent the evening getting ready for and attending my sister's reception and then that night as we went to leave the reception we shared our first kiss. Yes, a lot of firsts in one day which normally isn't me, but we had spent two and a half months that I really felt like I knew him so well. We spent Sunday with my family and then dinner with his friends. Then he left for Vegas. 

After that, we started taking turns flying back and forth between Washington and Vegas or Utah every two weeks. An expensive and extremely hard thing to deal with but I never regretted it or was worried about the money spent once. 

But as you can imagine you can't do long distance for forever. I was in a spot in my career that I couldn't really move unless there was no other option. We weren't engaged yet but we were talking about a future together. In November after spending Thanksgiving with his family I got my answer that I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Blake no matter what move had to be made. Luckily for us, Blake was in a spot in his schooling where he could switch schools. So December 28th he packed up his car and moved to Washington and we were engaged three months later. {The story for that is here.}

I like to think, in fact, I believe that Erica was inspired to set us up. And I am eternally grateful for her following that prompting. Life with Blake is the best life. I was happy when I met Blake, I was happy when I dated Blake, and I was very happy when I got engaged. But being married to Blake and spending my life with him has given my life more joy and meaning than I knew was possible. 

I love you, Blake Roundy, life with you is my favorite adventure. 

Blake and Sierra's first picture

Stay awesome,



Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top